Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome Design Team members , August 2010

Hey all!  I am so happy to announce the our Design Team member for August 2010…  Jolene Brown!  Here she is…

1. How long have you been scrapbooking/card making and how did you get started? 

I have been scrapbooking for just over 8 years now.  I started when my son was born.  I was already dabbling in card making, when a friend of mine showed me her scrapbook.  I immediately fell in love with the idea of cutting, glueing and punching!!  My friend let me use her tools, which consisted of a letter stencil, a paper trimmer and 2 punches.  This, added to my meager supply of cardmaking goodies is where I started and I have never looked back!!
                                Layout made from August Main kit 2010 & August Stamp kit 2010

2. From where do you draw inspiration? 

My style changes as often and as quickly as the seasons.  At the moment I like a grungy distressed look, but my pages always stay minimalist, with not too many photos - I usually stick to one photo and then play with stamps, inks, paints and embellishments to make up the rest of the page.

I scrap what I feel and use the picture I am scrapping to dictate the colours and style of the layout.
 3. What are 3 other products that you can't live without? 
As I said, my style changes often and rapidly, so my essential scrapbook items change too.  Besides a tool kit, my must have items for the moment are Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Acrylic Stamps and Brilliance Ink Pad.  I think you can make amazing pages, just with these items and of course a pice of plain or pattern card to accompany.  I love "recycling" items and check all the packaging that the various scrapbooking goodies come in to see if I can perhaps use elements or the entire item in a page.  I will use anything from pages of an old novel, to empty milk cartons to make embellishments.

Q4. What did you enjoy about Lil Bees kits?

I am a huge fan of the Lil Bees kits, as the products are diverse, so there is a little something for every style of scrapper.  I am a stamp-a-holic, so any stamps and stamping goodies coming my way is an awesome treat.  The kits are also such amazing value for money.  I love the idea that you can choose any or all of the monthly kits to subscribe to, or subscribe to one, which may appeal to you more, then purchase any of the other kits when they are released.  It is also nice and refreshing to receive a complete, co-ordinating kit, which means you can create awesome layouts, without having to match up the goodies yourself.

Look for projects from Jolene and get inspired!!!!!
P.S we would love to see your comments :)

Hana
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Lil Bee's posts. I would love to have your comments!